Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide response that is COVID-19 our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail may be greatly paid off.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your immigration that is own record
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We shall publish our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You’ll Request from USCIS
Underneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you can easily https://datingrating.net/oasis-active-review request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you possibly can
- Look at the USCIS Electronic browsing area to verify we now have perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you want.
- Make your demand because of the right agency by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you will need, even as we can get back accurate demands faster.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get the demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified whenever we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to a different individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request processing times
The status of the FOIA documents request
Look at the Check Request reputation web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents with respect to person in Congress
Immigration records by techniques except that our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail will postpone our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to have documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
You should if you need to request records by mail:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will demand which you:
Available records under area 508 for the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your name
- An unknown number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We shall contact you to definitely help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater amount of effectively we are able to get back the documents you may need.
You should check the status of an current FOIA demand from the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, so it’s prone to go quickly.
Elaborate request, therefore our review will most likely have an amount that is significant of.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than an ask for a certain document.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing by having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, however you must add a duplicate of 1 associated with after types, given by the Department of Homeland protection or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
If you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the web site associated with workplace of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS doesn’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to create your demand to your agency that is right.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to enter the U.S.
You may if you have questions about your pending FOIA/PA request:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center can simply respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other types of immigration matter.